Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

Sex Toy Tester Reporting for Booty!

One of the funniest things to happen to me all year was getting contacted by a company to do a sex toy product review. The email lighted my system with adrenaline and excitement. Me? Getting free products in the mail? Who could ask for anything more?

I eagerly awaited the product shipment. I squealed like a schoolgirl when I opened it. The Innervibe people were incredibly generous. They sent me a Weekend Bliss Pleasure Pack to test and one to give away to a lucky commenter today. Everyone is eligible, and a winner will be picked randomly in 48 hours, details to follow the review.

The packaging is nice. Not embarrassing to bring to the counter if you find it in a store, no pictures of silicone enhanced models to make everyone within viewing range aware you bought something naughty, no product pictures or drawings to reveal what it contains. Discrete and classy.

Definitely something you could leave out and not worry if the kids, or a maid at a hotel, spied it on your nightstand. Which I did—and my kids ignored it.

Inside you'll find not one, but two vibrating toys: A nanovibe finger vibrator and a vibrating condom ring.  I did a review months ago on the ring, and will not cover it again in order to be able to mention all the other goodies. But I will say this newer version does stretch better around the penis for comfort and the motor seems more powerful. Overall though, I'd say my rating stays the same at 3.5 Big O's out of 5.

The nanovibe is similar in size and materials; it is a decidedly different kettle of fish entirely. Whereas the ring does not always hit where you need it most, this gadget has no such drawbacks.

Here is what a reviewer on Amazon had to say:

After I received the fingervib, I had to give it a try on my GF. I kept it hid till just the right second and slid it on my finger. She went wild!
***
Since that's not nearly enough to go by, I decided to check one of my favorite places to buy fun stuff, Drugstore.com. Imagine my surprise when there were only two reviews to be found! I'm thinking this product must be newer than others.

I was happy and loved it, while it worked. The battery life was very disappointing, lasting only three days. Since you can't replace the battery that means it is no longer useful. I don't feel it was worth the money.
***
Absolutely love it, provides the right amount of vibration. It's very stimulating. Only drawback is it's tight on finger tips and I have slim fingers, after a few minutes finger turns blue.


My thoughts:

Holy cow, I love this thing! I don't know how fat the last reviewer's fingers were, 'cause mine truly are slim and I had no issues with my fingertips turning blue. And my husband is the thick-fingered giant and he had no problem with it, either.

I can attest that all of the InnerVibe gadgets with batteries do not set off the x-ray at the airport like some other products do (and I'll save that story for the big product review I plan for Valentine's).

The nanovibe was comfy on my finger, soft and squishy to the touch, got the job done in record time, and is so cute and tiny you could slip it in an evening bag for some naughty fun out on the town with your lover (or alone! If the chump doesn't move you this clever vibrator certainly will).

No cords, no dials, no bulky hard plastic containing a double A battery. Genius! I'm buying the five pack and handing them out as gifts at my next lunch with friends. Oh - and it's waterproof because the battery is self sealed in the gadget.

My Rating: 5 Big O's out of 5

Let me address something I've often read in other reviews regarding vibrating power. Most people think harder or faster is better. But that's not true. After all, a human tongue or finger can't possible match the gadgets out on today's market, and let's face facts—the Kama Sutra wasn't written last year. As a society we continually look for the easy out, rather than relax and enjoy the moment.

I had a discussion with some friends recently that made me realize most people use vibrators wrong. If you use one with constant pressure you will numb your senses. Now why in the hell would anyone do that on purpose? Pulse the stimulation on and off, not with the switch, but by moving it out of contact with your sensitive spot. Save the constant pressure for when you're close to peaking. It will effectively drive you close faster, ramp up what you are sensing, and not deaden the area with constant vibrations.

Trust me. Try it. Oh - and try it with this toy! You will not be sorry.

Next in our box of goodies: Liquid CharmsThis is a water based lube, so it's safe for silicone toys (yay!) and it's a warming gel. It claims to be never sticky, odorless, colorless, greaseless, non-toxic and non-allergenic.

Here's what one buyer had to say on Amazon:

These packs are perfect for traveling! They are re-sealable too. The package is so pretty, it looks like a chocolate box. My husband and I really like this product- it's water based and doesn't get sticky or dry up quickly. You can also use the Liquid Charms as a massage oil, but I recommend using the bath oil in the Date Night In pack instead. Two thumbs up!
***

My thoughts:

It does have a slight scent, but not overpowering and not nasty. It is slick and did not get sticky. I did not notice a warming sensation, but then again, I was busy (or is that getting busy?) The package does re-seal, like promised, and it did not leak when I tried it. But it was a bit tricky to get back open again. While I love the box comes with 12 packs, you can stash one in an overnight bag or pants pocket quite easily, I would like to see the product offered in a small bottle with a pump dispenser doling out a pea-sized drop.

The only drawback is it does have a taste to it so you will want to be careful when you apply it.
My Rating: 4 Big O's out of 5.

Last in the mailing box, not including in the weekend pack, Shea Soy Massage Mini-Candles, a Sensual Salt Soak, Massage Oil, and the InnerVibe Duet Double Pleasure Vibrating ring.

I'm going to lump the first three together because of their scents. All three products sent to me were Rose Geranium & Madagascar Vanilla scented, and are part of their Sensual Bath and Body line. Normally, I do not care for floral scents. But I have to admit, the oil was of high quality, the candles subtle when used, and the salt soak was relaxing and not too overpowering.

Even though they are not items I would normally purchase because of their scent, I can honestly rate them at four stars.

Last but not least, the Duet ring. I had high hopes for this one with the dual vibrators. The material was much improved over the original single vibe one I first bought years ago, but my issue with that one is still the same with this one. While the product design might work best for some women, it does not work well for my body.

Angle of the hips? Position needs to be girl on top? I'm not sure, but it doesn't get the job done for me. Still, it is fun and for the price I'd say it's worth giving it a go. Rating of 3.5 Big O's out of 5.

Thank you, InnerVibe, for sending me the products, and for being so kind as to include a pleasure pack for our readers here today.

Whoot! Contest time! 

Want to win the Weekend Bliss Pleasure Pack containing the cock ring vibe (single not duet), the nanovibe, and the 12 pack of warming lotion? Please comment and leave your email for your chance to vote. Qualified entrants will need to be subscribers either through the Kindle, through Facebook, or here on the website with an email subscription.

I've included some links for you on Amazon - but don't misread the price. Each one is for a FIVE pack of the gadgets. Way cool!
















~*~
C.J will be posting again on the 19th with the continuation of her latest JLD chapter, which originally aired on January 5th.

~~ C.J. Ellisson ~~

18 comments:

  1. C.J. You crack me up!! Keep up the great work girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool. I'll have to look those up and give them a try.

    I'm not a floral scent fan either but if they're as delicate as you say.. maybe we'll give those a shot too.

    Thanks for the wonderful review, CJ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by Nicole! Haven't heard from you in ages! I'll have to stop by your FB page and see how you're doing.

    Thanks Danielle, we aren't getting many entrants so it may be fairly easy to choose winners.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I am going to comment because I am all about trying new, improved, proven toys and gadgets that help in the 'bedroom'.

    trina_soria@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look great. I wonder if they have them local around here...

    ReplyDelete
  6. That nanovibe certainly sounds interesting. I love reading your reviews, very um, informative. Yeah, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey C.J. I love reading your reviews!!! I can't wait to try it, it threw me off because it's not the 16th :)

    alleyoopmgv06@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didnt realize Amazon sold this kind of stuff ** raises eyebrows and grins ** pushes button on favourite tab **
    Cj its always delightful to read your reviews - you enlighten me and always make me smile ** and think norty thoughts** lusty wink !!!
    Great that you are getting freebies wow is all I can say !! enjoy them and we shall your your posts..

    Kat ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please enter me in the drawing. While it all sounds interesting, I am especially intrigued by the nanovibe!

    Thanks,
    Donna
    donnafisk at bellsouth,net

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry, I got so excited I typed my address incorrectly.

    donnafisk@bellsouth.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. Like WOW who knew , love the review an very interesting , I wonder if this would help spice up thing for my wife , between raising our Grandchildren our sex life went right down the tubes when we do get just a few minutes between our selfs then we got the big kids coming with there problems an the worst of it is my oldest daughter , she comes an visits every night till we put the little ones to bed then she leaves so she can get her freak on an well ,, but I like the reviews tested by one of the best erotic writers I have known , so like ...... well that all i can say right now little guy being very miserable so thanks for that great review
    Don Swanson

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds like fun and I would love to win one of them! I think it is great that you are so open about this kinda thing.. not many people are and it is always nice to hear what others think about things before I make a purchase! Thanks for being my tester.. lol

    April

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for all the interest! We have one more day of voting and then a winner shall be picked!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These will definitely add some spice to the bedroom. Loved reading the reviews and advice "first hand" ;)

    Linda T

    tpup12@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the comments and interest! Not counting my own responses, we had eleven entrants! The Innervibe folk sent some smaller goodies not in the weekend pack so I'd like to give two prizes away for this contest.

    The random number generator picked entrants #2 and #11 - Danielle Gavan and Linda T!! Congrats on winning today and I'll be emailing you to ship you your goodies.

    The GREAT news is I received an email from Innervibe and I believe they will be sending more goodies for next month's big toy review for Valentine's, so please try your luck again then!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What I wouldnt give to learn how you got your design to be so amazing! I mean it. Besides the blog just being awesome this page is too sweet! Its not too flashy. It doesnt do too much with colours and things and the videos you use are perfect for this topic! Really awesome blog.
    tienda erotica

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sex toys give rise to enough enjoyment in our sex life.In this way we can enough enjoyment.For more info...........erotic sex toys



    ReplyDelete
  18. Great post of sextoy tester it more important. really i love sex with different sextoy thnaks.

    ReplyDelete