Pages

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Call Me Jane


Content Advisory: Erotic, Female/Female

The sun dipped below the horizon and she switched her headlights on. The stress of the last few days gave her cabin fever. So she decided to fill her gas tank and just drive. Her only company was her laptop perched in the passenger seat and her pink duffle bag in the backseat. As soon as she hit the highway, she turned her phone off and tucked it into her purse.
No one would miss her for awhile. The newspaper job was remote and she could handle that from any hotel with a wifi connection. The only person who might have worried about her had walked out that morning saying he didn’t think he loved her anymore.
Black Stone Cherry’s Stay blared through the speakers. For a second she thought about turning it off. Instead, she said, “Fuck it,” and sang along at the top of her lungs. Tears blurred her vision and she let them fall. There was no need to be strong now. The night sky wouldn’t judge her moments of weakness. The lonely stretch of road wouldn’t comfort her. She needed to hurt, to let it run its course like a virus.
An hour later she sat on the cheap bedspread of a no-name motel room with her hair wrapped up in a towel. The hot shower had soothed her stiff muscles. Five hours of driving landed her in a town she’d never heard of that seemed to only consist of said motel, a bar and a gas station.
The black mascara didn’t do much to conceal the puffiness around her blue eyes. She stared in the mirror and sighed. How did everything go wrong? Her blonde hair fell past her shoulders and she didn’t bother to dry it. Jeans and a tank top were probably acceptable attire for a hole-in-the-wall bar. She slipped her feet into flip flops and tucked her phone, ID and some cash into her back pocket.
She walked outside and through the shrubbery separating the motel parking lot from the bar. A couple of flood lights illuminated the entrance to the small wood building. The sign above the door read Kiki’s.
As she pulled the door open, she silently prayed it wasn’t a strip club. An old jukebox in the corner played a song by Aerosmith. Two men at a table stared at her as she walked past them toward the bar. Smoke hung heavy in the air and stung her eyes. She didn’t think it was still legal to smoke in bars but she didn’t care much.
Climbing onto a barstool, she ran her finger over the scarred wood. Someone had carved the initials “LM” into the lacquered surface.
“What can I get you, honey?” The tall, dark haired woman behind the bar smiled at her while drying a glass with a white hand towel. A small ring pierced her right nostril and a tattoo of some fancy cursive writing circled her wrist.
“Jack. No ice, please.”
“Damn, girl.” The bartender sat a glass on the bar and filled it halfway with Jack Daniels. “Rough day?”
“You could say that.” She picked up the glass and swirled the amber liquid before taking a swallow.
“You want to open a tab?”
She stuck her hand into her back pocket and unfolded a hundred dollar bill. “Stop me when I get to eighty dollars then keep the change.”
“You’re not driving, are you?”
“Nope. I have a room next door. I’m on foot.”
“Where you from?”
“Nowhere.”
Furrowing her brow, the woman asked, “What’s your name, doll?”
She wanted to be someone else tonight; someone without an ache in her heart and without a demanding job and a mortgage. Someone who wasn’t foolish, lonely and sad. She looked into the woman’s green eyes. “You can call me Jane.”
“All right, Jane. I’m Callie. Holler when you’re ready for a refill.” Callie winked and walked to the other end of the bar to pour another drink for a guy sitting alone.
Jane gulped the rest of the whiskey in her glass and looked up to see Callie walking back toward her.
Without asking, Callie refilled her glass and took out a pack of cigarettes. She shook one out and lit it with a blue lighter. She slid the pack toward Jane. “Help yourself, sweetheart.”
Jane picked up the cigarettes and pulled one out.
Callie held her lighter up and put the flame in front of Jane. “Wanna talk about him?”
Jane fought back the lump in her throat. She didn’t want to talk about him or anything really. She wanted to drink until all the feelings were gone. She shook her head.
Callie leaned her elbow on the bar and tapped her cigarette against a black plastic ashtray. “I was in your shoes six years ago when my husband left me for his bookkeeper. I sat on that side of the bar and cried my eyes out. Kiki felt sorry for me and offered me a job. When my divorce settled, she sold this place to me and I never looked back.” She squeezed Jane’s hand. “I know it feels like the end of world but whenever one door closes another opens.” Callie was pretty in a Bettie Page kind of way. Like old fashioned pretty with pale skin and dark as night hair.
Jane looked at her and whispered. “I don’t want any more open doors. I just want to disappear.”
“This is just the place.” Callie poured a little more into Jane’s glass. “I’m closing up in about fifteen minutes if you wanna hang around. We can talk or drink or whatever.” She smiled and went about collecting glasses from tables.
Jane hadn’t noticed when the other patrons left. No one was in the bar except her and Callie.
Callie flipped a switch by the door and slid the deadbolt. “Officially closed.” She looked at her watch and pulled the elastic tie out of her long hair. “You want another drink?”
“I think I’ve had enough. I’m pretty numb.” Jane laughed.
Callie sat beside her. “I could fix that. In a good way.”
“No offense, but I’m not a lesbian.”
Callie shrugged. “Neither am I.” She looked at Jane. “But you’re pretty and lonely and you’re breaking my heart.”
Jane swallowed and stared back at her. “Actually, the last thing I want is another guy right now.”
“I know that feeling. I went through a couple of relationships with women after my divorce. I’m not gay but I do enjoy women from time to time.”
Jane had never been with a woman but she wasn’t turned off by the idea and Callie was beautiful with lush curves and pretty eyes. Jane reached out and touched her hair. “Soft.”
Callie leaned into her touch and put her hand on Jane’s leg. She pressed her lips to Jane’s cheek. “Do you want to go back to my place?”
Jane thought for a minute. “How about my room? Two minutes away.”
Callie smiled. “Perfect.”
Jane slid the key card through the reader and pushed the door to her room open.
Callie followed her inside and dropped her purse on the floor. “Nice digs.” She pulled a bottle of Jack out of her bag. “Let’s drink.”
Jane grinned. “I think there are some plastic cups next to the sink.”
Callie filled two cups halfway and handed one to Jane. “Here’s to us.”
Jane touched her cup to Callie’s and they both downed the whiskey and put their cups on the table by the window.
“You know, we don’t have to do anything. We can just talk. Whatever you need, honey.” Callie touched Jane’s face.
The tears came again and Jane tried to hold them back. Her voice cracked. “I just want to forget. Just for tonight.”
“You got it.” Callie placed her hands on Jane’s hips and squeezed. “Don’t cry.”
“I have no idea what I’m doing, I mean I know what I’m doing but I’m not sure how to do this.”
Callie licked her lips and tilted her head. “You don’t have to do anything. I’ll take care of you.” She pulled Jane closer and kissed her softly on the mouth.
Jane wrapped her arms around Callie’s neck and slipped her tongue into her mouth. She tasted like cigarettes and spearmint and her breasts were soft pressed against Jane’s body. A familiar slow burn built inside her.
Callie pulled Jane’s tank top over her head and unbuttoned her jeans.
Jane stepped out of her pants and kicked them aside. She reached around her back and unhooked her bra, letting it fall to the floor.
Callie stripped out of her t-shirt and skirt and pushed Jane back on the bed. “You’re even more beautiful than I imagined.” She crawled up over Jane. “Don’t be sad. Let it go for now.” She kissed Jane’s neck and trailed her tongue lower before closing her lips on Jane’s nipple. Callie sucked gently and caressed Jane’s other breast, pinching the hard tip.
Jane moaned and tangled her fingers into Callie’s hair. “God, that feels good.”
Callie took her time moving from one breast to the other, licking and sucking. Her hand slipped between Jane’s legs and she stroked the cotton covering her pussy.
Jane let her knees fall apart. She had just enough whiskey in her to relax and go with the moment.
Callie stopped to pull Jane’s underwear off. She settled between Jane’s legs and kissed the inside of her thigh. “I can’t wait to eat you. You smell so sweet. Like apples.” She used two fingers to spread Jane’s pussy open. “Pretty.” She lowered her head and licked Jane’s clit.
Jane gasped and pulled on Callie’s hair. “Damn.” She closed her eyes and arched her back.
Callie slid two fingers inside her and started a steady in and out rhythm. She covered Jane’s pussy with her mouth and sucked her clit while rubbing her tongue against it.
Jane squeezed her own nipples, intensifying the wave of pleasure building in her body. Her toes tingled and her stomach tightened with each stroke of Callie’s fingers and every pass of her tongue.
“I’m gonna come. Don’t stop.” Jane panted and squirmed, her thighs tightening around Callie’s head.
Callie curled her fingers inside Jane’s cunt and stroked that spot that pushed her to the brink of delirium.
Jane’s pussy contracted and electricity coursed through her body, touching every nerve with delicious liquid heat. She heard her own heartbeat echoing in her ears as she lost all control and gave in to the orgasm. Her clit thumped against Callie’s tongue and she screamed in surrender.
Callie didn’t stop but slowed her strokes in and out of Jane’s pussy. She lifted her face up. “Mmm. I loved that.”
Breathing hard, Jane nodded. “Me, too. Oh my God.”
 Callie crawled up beside her and pushed her hair away from her face. “Kiss me.”
Jane rolled to her side and cupped Callie’s face. “You’re so pretty.” She touched her lips to Callie’s.
Callie squeezed one of Jane’s hands and moved it down to her chest. “Help me come, baby.”
“Show me what you like,” Jane answered, holding Callie’s breast and running her thumb over the dark nipple.
“It won’t take much. I’m so fucking hot already. Rub my clit.”
Jane slipped her hand between Callie’s legs and explored her pussy. She was soft and hot and wet. Jane turned her wrist to push two fingers inside Callie.
Callie moaned and squeezed her eyes shut. “Yes. Finger fuck me.”
Jane inhaled the flowery scent of Callie’s perfume and imagined herself masturbating. She knew what felt good and that’s what she did to Callie. She slid her fingers deeper and harder and used her thumb to make tight circles over Callie’s slick clit. Lowering her head, she licked Callie’s nipple before nibbling it with her teeth.
A slow but steady tremble started in Callie’s body and her breathing accelerated. “Jesus. That’s so fucking good. Make me come.” She groaned and dug her nails into Jane’s shoulders. “Fuck me harder.”
Jane rammed her fingers inside Callie and pressed firmly on her clit, moving her thumb up and down and side to side. “Come for me.”
Callie’s clit hardened and her pussy clenched on Jane’s fingers right before she screamed. Her body twisted and squirmed. Her come dripped down Jane’s fingers and on to her wrist.
She pulled Jane’s hand away from her pussy and licked Jane’s fingers. “Dammit. That was so good. I can die now.” Callie rolled on to her back, still panting.
“Really? I did okay?” Jane smiled. She guessed she didn’t do half bad for her first time.
“Awesome, darlin’.” Callie got up and poured them each another drink. Her body was curvier than Jane’s and her boobs were bigger. A tiny waist gave the impression her hips were wider than they really were. She had the classic hourglass figure and Jane was surprised how attracted she was to this woman.
They lay in bed and sipped their drinks. Jane cuddled closer to Callie. “Jane isn’t my real name.”
Callie winked at her. “I know that, doll. And you don’t have to tell me your real name. In the morning, I’ll walk out of here and hope that maybe you’ll come back someday. You know where to find me.”
Jane kissed her again. “Thank you. For being what I needed, just for tonight and for letting me be someone else.”

Look for Melissa’s next short story on July 28, 2012!

~~*~~

~ Melissa Ecker ~

Copyright © 2012 Melissa Ecker

All rights reserved. This is a work of fiction. All names, characters, locations, and incidents are products of the author’s imagination, or have been used fictionally. Any resemblance to actual persons living or dead, locales, or events is entirely coincidental. No portion of this work may be transmitted or reproduced in any form, or by any means, without permission in writing from the author.

3 comments: