Pages

Friday, October 1, 2010

Measuring the "Steam Factor" in Lancelot's Lady

Content: Guest Blogger, Cherish D'Angelo stops by to talk with us about her new release and has an excerpt to share. Enjoy!

First, I do want to let readers know that Lancelot's Lady is classified as a contemporary romantic suspense with some steam. It is not erotica. I've focused more on the romantic journey between Rhianna and Jonathan and the elements of danger and suspense than just pure, descriptive sex. I want readers to "feel" the sensuality and passion.

A scene does not have to be graphically descriptive to be erotic. It's all in how the reader perceives the intensifying sensuality. One erotic scene in Lancelot's Lady has to do with Jonathan painting Rhianna. Literally.

Then there's this steamy scene below...

“Don’t you know how beautiful you are?”

She snorted. “I bet you say that to all the ladies.”

“There’s only you and Mrs. Atkinson around,” he said dryly. “And somehow I don’t think Marvin would appreciate me hitting on his wife.”

“Is that what you’re doing? Hitting on me?”

The words were out of her mouth before she could contemplate the ramifications.

Jonathan’s eyes narrowed. “If I were hitting on you, I’d give you more than a bad line.”

There was no breathable air in the room.

Rhianna stood rooted to the floor as he approached her in slow, deliberate steps, his eyes locked on hers and filled with smoldering passion.

“If I were hitting on you,” he said, “I’d tell you how stunningly beautiful you are, that you have the most amazing green eyes I’ve ever seen.”

Warm hands caressed her face as he lowered his head.

“If I were hitting on you,” he whispered, “I’d kiss you again and again.”

And he did.

Jonathan’s lips met hers with an urgency that scared her. But this time Rhianna didn’t pull away. When he moved closer, she met him halfway. Their lips locked in a passionate kiss that took away all sense of time and place. There was only now. This time. This place.

Jonathan tasted of strawberries. His mouth devoured hers, drawing her away from her skin until she was a quivering mass of desire.

He groaned. “What do you want, Rhianna?”

I want you…

She parted her lips, inviting him in.

“I can’t stop thinking of you,” he whispered against her throat.

She moaned as his lips drifted lower, teasing her, while his fingers flipped through the buttons of her shirt and peeled it away. Her bra quickly followed, along with the clothing in her hands.

Sapphire eyes caressed her.

“You’re so beautiful,” he said.

In a moment of shyness, Rhianna tried to cover her breasts, but Jonathan caught her hands and kissed her hard.

“I want you,” he said, nipping at her lower lip.

Old fears resurfaced, but she pushed them aside. This was her time. Time to experience passion the way it was meant to be experienced. Time to take that final step, to learn what she’d been missing all these years.

He stared deep into her eyes, an unspoken question on the tip of his tongue. When his mouth claimed hers in a breathless kiss, she gave him his answer.

Yes…

Wasting no time, Jonathan swung her into his arms and carried her to the sofa where he eased her onto the cushions. Hovering over her, he said, “Are you sure?”

In answer, she reached up and drew him down, her gaze never leaving his. What she felt now couldn’t be wrong. She felt beautiful, desirable…whole.

“Yes,” she whispered.

He bent his head and kissed the inside contour of her breasts. Hot kisses rained over them, searing them. Then he blew across one nipple, causing it to go rigid.

Rhianna gripped the cushions beneath her.

“Please…” she moaned.

Jonathan’s mouth captured a nipple and she cried out. The sensation of his wet mouth and soft tongue on her sensitive nipple made her gasp and arch her back in response.

Had she died and gone to heaven?

The throbbing between her legs intensified until she couldn’t stand it any longer. “Oh God…”

He moaned against her breast.

Jesus! What was he doing to her?

Shivers of intense pleasure raced through her. She was adrift on a sea of ecstasy that pushed her higher.

Jonathan reached down, one hand sliding between their bodies. Heat radiated from his hand through her jeans, scorching her skin. When he cupped the source of her frenzied yearning, she knew she was at the peak of something wonderful.

“I want to touch all of you,” he said hoarsely.

* * *

Lancelot's Lady ~ A Bahamas holiday from dying billionaire JT Lance, a man with a dark secret, leads palliative nurse Rhianna McLeod to Jonathan, a man with his own troubled past, and Rhianna finds herself drawn to the handsome recluse, while unbeknownst to her, someone with a horrific plan is hunting her down.

Lancelot's Lady is available in ebook edition at KoboBooks, Amazon's Kindle Store, Smashwords and other ebook retailers. Help me celebrate by picking up a copy today and "Cherish the romance..."

You can learn more about Lancelot's Lady and Cherish D'Angelo (aka Cheryl Kaye Tardif) at http://www.cherishdangelo.com and http://www.cherylktardif.blogspot.com. Follow Cherish from September 27 to October 10 on her Cherish the Romance Virtual Book Tour and win prizes.

Leave a comment here, with email address, to be entered into the prize draws. You're guaranteed to receive at least 1 free ebook just for doing so. Plus you'll be entered to win a Kobo ereader. Winners will be announced after October 10th.

How steamy do you like your romance novels?

9 comments:

  1. My, my, my. I bought the book day before yesterday. I've promised another author a read of hers first, but perhaps I lied? Very nice, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Sharon. I'm glad Lancelot's Lady tantalized you. :-)

    ~Cherish

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. It's the perfect amount of steam for me. I love when characters seem to come a little undone with their passion. :)

    jmfictionscribe@yahoo.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love a little lovin !!!
    Oh my this sounds great !!! Loved the short excerpt now I want more !!!
    Katrina ;)
    kittee_cat@bigpond.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jaime and Katrina, I'm glad this scene piqued your interest. :-) Good luck in all the draws.

    Cherish

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like I'm going to have to add yet another luscious book to my collection ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The more I visit your tour the more I want this book :) It's def in my TBR pile

    Kelly
    kittykelly28@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow Cheryl, I've already been inticed by your other excerpts shared on your tour, but this one is adeal breaker for me.

    It is what I'd call a perfectly written scene with sizzle ;).

    ty for sharing.

    Pam S
    pams00 @ aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. ok lol i got so caught up in your excerpt I forgot to answer your question - sorry about that!!

    I enjoy all heat levels as long as their is a strong character connection in place.

    pams00 @ aol.com

    ReplyDelete