Pages

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Flight Paths



We met at the check-in stand at the airport. She was one of those ladies I could tell had been pampered her whole life and I was just a plate tectonics engineer on the way to my next assignment. She turned to leave the station and our eyes met for just the briefest of moments, hers a gorgeous shade of icy blue. Full, pouty lips parted as she blew breath, as if frustrated. A muttered curse, layered by an accent. Around her slender neck, a string of pearls. I smirked and her eyes widened, as if she realized we’d been gazing at one another before she whipped her head in another direction. In a blur of expensive navy blue linen dress and brass buttons, she was gone. 

Fate would have it that we sat directly across from one another on the same flight with the narrow aisle separating us. I glanced at her out of the corner of my eye, not sure what had her so flustered. Sure, I hadn’t shaved in a week and my clothes were wrinkled, but she didn’t have to judge a man for it. Besides, I’d showered that day. I enjoyed my showers, the only sort of relaxation a man in my particular field could get. But my work was lonely at times, had been ever since I’d left the service. Probably before that. I didn’t remember. The long, jagged scar on my right calf was reminder enough. 

The flight itself was uneventful. My row mate, probably somebody’s grandmother, didn’t do much more than hog the window, block it with her pillow and eventually snore softly. After a while, her copy of Martha Stewart’s latest magazine slipped from her hands to the floor. Bored, I took to watching Miss Navy across the way without her knowing, which was a challenge because she seemed to sense it at times. She’d snap her gaze to me and I’d suddenly find the air vent interesting or fiddle with my seat. The source of my entertainment caught the stewardess’s attention on her next pass to whisper something in her ear. 

The flight attendant turned to me and leaned down to where I could only hear. 

“The lady on the other side of me says your constant staring is making her uncomfortable.”

I opened my mouth to object but she put a finger to my lips with a smile. “I suggest you find something else to occupy your attention.”

I was more shocked than anything else and nodded slowly. Chastised, I scowled at the back of the seat in front of me for the remainder of the flight. When the plane arrived at our destination, I didn’t wait for her to step out first but reached in the overhead compartment, dragged out my battered backpack and stomped out of the plane.

In the terminal, I stopped at the display to see when my connecting flight was supposed to take off. In place of numbers, only the word “delayed” showed. I groaned and started when I heard a small sigh to my left—Miss Navy, as I’d named the fancy woman that ended up everywhere I was that day. 

“You again? I’d think you’d steer clear of me after the shit you pulled on the plane.” I didn’t look at her.

“It would appear that I’ve been repaid for my discourtesy, sir. My flight has been delayed.”

“Three thirty-nine?” I turned and met her cool blue gaze again.

She glanced down at her ticket, as if to make sure she hadn’t been mistaken. “That would be the one. Looks as if I won’t be there in time for tea.”

“Tea, ma’am?” Of course. Her accent, which I could only assume was British.

A small furrow appeared between her perfect arched brows. “Mind your business. Perhaps an alternative?” She gestured towards the ticket counter and we walked over together. A skinny kid with an equally thin tie was manning the station.

“I’m sorry, Mr. Montgomery. The best the airline can do is promise to get you on a flight tomorrow evening.” 

The ticket clerk didn’t sound or look sorry, but an ice storm had detained the pilot and the Northerner was expected to blow over in twenty-four hours. No other airline had a connection to the small airport, which I already knew and why I had chosen the airline I did.

I called my boss while I watched her stand ramrod straight at the counter and ask the exact same questions I’d just asked. I shook my head. Stubborn woman. But damn, she was gorgeous. I ended my call and waited for Miss Navy to be given the same grim news. What did she want with Tennessee anyway?

She came back, looking pretty crestfallen, so I offered to buy her a drink. She took one longing glance back at the display then looked at the floor and gave assent. 

The bar at the airport was packed, with nothing left but standing room, so I called a cab to take us someplace else. The frustration at being so close to her light, rosy scent was getting to me so I told the driver anywhere nearby. That’s how we came to stand in the parking lot of The Flight Path Gentlemen’s Club. 

“Now, you sure you’re okay with this.” I glanced at her at my side. She held her chin high and eyed me.

“Of course I am.”

“You do know what a gentlemen’s club is, right?” I held the door open for her and she walked in before me. The look on her face as she took in the place told me she very plainly had no fucking idea. I couldn’t tell if it was the neon, but a deep blush seemed to creep up her cheeks and she dropped her gaze to the ground. 

Our waitress came up with platform heels and suspenders which pretty much made up her costume. “Sit anywhere you like,” she said with a wink. I grinned at her but stopped short when Miss Navy clutched my arm.

“I’ve heard about places such as these,” she said over the Poison track blaring out of unseen speakers and looked around. We made our way through the fairly dark club and Miss Navy selected a table farthest from the stage.

She sipped champagne. It was expensive, sure, but I could afford it. I didn’t think she knew I could. I guess she was used to being able to read people.

“You never told me your name.” I tossed back another shot of whiskey.

“Elizabeth Young, and yours?”

I smirked. “You can just call me Grant.”

“You’re a strange man, Mr. Montgomery.”

By the time we finished in there, Elizabeth had definitely loosened up a bit. After two glasses of champagne, she laughed for the first time since we’d met. Further talk revealed a woman pent up under societal expectations.

We rented rooms in the same hotel so we could get rest. Fresh from the shower, I had just wrapped a towel around my waist when a timid tap sounded at my door. Not thinking much of it, I answered the door.

Elizabeth stood there in wait, face flushed like she was frustrated over something. I grinned at her.

“Well this is a surprise, Mrs. Young.”

“It’s only ‘Miss’.” She scanned the room behind me then met my gaze. “It’s a bit of an embarrassment, really.” Her bottom lip rolled out in a bigger pout. “My zipper appears to be jammed.”

I opened the door wider to let her in then closed it behind us. “The zipper on your dress? What about the buttons on front?”

She shrugged. “Merely decoration.”

Which meant she was wearing one of those sheath-style dresses that if the zipper didn’t work, it’d be hell getting out of it. 

 “Well, let me look at it.” I turned her around and she lifted up her hair to expose her nape and, more importantly, the broken zipper. “This dress important to you for any reason?”

“No, why?”

I answered her by pulling the teeth of the zipper apart, jerking up the pull then forcing it back down. “Because you’re gonna need another one.”

She buried her face in her hands and her bare shoulders shook. I tore my gaze away from the delicate indentations of her spine. “Are you alright?”

“I’ve been nothing but dreadful to you, Grant, and you’ve been more of a gentleman than most I’ve seen.” A strawberry blond curl drifted over her shoulder.

“I’m just being polite.”

She turned to look at me, clutching her ruined dress to her body. Tears shimmered in her eyes and stained her cheeks. “You’ve been far more than polite. Why?”

I shrugged. “Well, you’re...a lady. A damn pretty one at that and”

Elizabeth closed the distance between us and laid a hand on my chest. Her fingers curled over my skin and I felt a stirring behind my towel. Slowly, I dipped my head to catch her lips with my own, just a brief brush. I blinked.
“Sorry, I shouldn’t have.”

She answered me by pulling me down for another kiss, this time with tongue. Her mouth was sweet and her lips incredibly soft. “But you did.”

She let her dress slip from her fingers and fall to the floor around her feet. I took her arm as she stepped out of it. 

“You sure you’re not just a little tipsy there, Miss Young?”

Her gaze was unwavering. “I’m quite sure, Mr. Montgomery.”

We kissed again, equally hungry now that I was confident she wasn’t just drunk and horny. My fingers traced her soft, luxuriant skin as I nuzzled her neck and the source of that scent that’d been driving me mad since we’d left the airport.

I dipped my tongue into the hollow at the base of her throat, lifting her pearls with two fingers. Her hands drifted to my sides with a light touch and loosened my towel, which joined her dress on the floor.

“Now why,” I said as I dotted kisses up her neck and along her jaw, “would a lady like you be interested in somebody like me?”

Her eyes were closed but fluttering. Her breath was hot against my chest. I was unsure of how to proceed or even if I should. I flicked my tongue over her earlobe. “Tell me, Miss Young.”

Her lips parted slightly and her tongue darted over them before she opened her eyes. “Must there be a reason for everything?”

Our mouths collided in a hard kiss and we nipped at each other’s lips. I didn’t need to answer her. Her fingers dug into my cheeks as she bit my tongue gently, those blue eyes never leaving mine. She gripped my hair and licked my neck before unfastening her bra. I licked my lip as her breasts came into full view for the first time, perky. Fucking beautiful.

“You taste like nothing I’ve ever tasted before.” Her fingers slid down the back of my neck before resting her hand on my shoulder. “Wild. Free.”

I raised my eyebrows. “You’re describing me or a mustang out in the desert?”

“Just shut up and make love to me.”

I backed her towards my still-made bed and we collapsed together with me on top. I rolled one of her pink nipples my fingers as I sucked the other. She tasted like vanilla, or cotton candy, I couldn’t decide which. Her skin was perfect, smooth. I tugged at her nipple with my teeth and she arched her back underneath me. Her breasts weren’t big or small, palm-sized and just more perfection. I slid my hand down her side and shoved her little light blue panties down over one hip, following the motion with my tongue down the center of her flat belly. How old was she? Where did she come from? My cock was rock hard, anticipating that first thrust inside her. 

I kissed beside her navel and pushed my thumb into her pretty trimmed pussy, which incidentally matched the hair on her head. She was definitely a lady and it was hard not to feel like I was violating some unwritten code of conduct. She gasped and bit her lip as I stroked her slowly, still planting kisses along her body, down to her thigh. Her pussy looked too good to pass up so I removed my thumb and put my tongue there instead to dip into her sweet honey taste, causing her to whimper loudly. Her fingers clutched at the bedspread, white-knuckled. I raised my head to catch her watching me intently. 

“Don’t stop,” she whispered.

I plunged my tongue deep as I could into her and shook my head side to side, knowing damn well what a little soft face scruff could do. She gasped and writhed beneath me, pushing my face into her pretty little cunt with a determination that continued to drive me farther toward the edge. I lowered my body along her legs, feeling the silky brush of her calf against my raging erection and groaned into her. She echoed my sound and threw her head back. Her pussy clenched as I slurped at it, pumping two fingers in and out for extra sensation. She cried out as she came and that throaty sound was a siren’s call. I dragged my tongue back up her belly and to her mouth as I thrust deep inside her. 

Fuck, her pussy was tight and hot like a Texas summer, making me growl into her neck as I rocked us with my strokes. She drew her nails up and down my back in erratic movements as we dissolved into a series of grunts and moans, with our bodies moving together being the only louder sound. She was so wet and her hungry little nips on my shoulder inched me further into mind-blazing oblivion. Every kiss, every breath was flame on my skin. Sweat slid between us as she rolled her hips and met my thrusts with movements of her own. My breath felt like Mojave wind sawing in and out of my burning lungs. I didn’t want it to end. I wanted to stay wrapped up inside her velvet cunt for as long as I could. I rolled us over so she was on top of me. She squeaked as her own weight impaled her on my dick and looked at me with wide eyes. 

“Dear God!” She moaned and rocked back and forth on me, rubbing her pussy against my pubic bone while my cock filled her. 

I smirked and bucked up into her, making her cry out again. I palmed her breasts as she rode me, slow at first but increasing in speed as she came closer to orgasm. Her pussy clamped around my cock again and again and I nearly bent double, it felt so amazing. My balls tightened and I gritted my teeth, determined to keep it going just a little more. Waves of pleasure thundered through me and I shivered. The sight of her bouncing on my cock was more than I could bear. I could’ve launched her through the ceiling with the pressure behind my release. My dick jerked and pulsed inside her and her pussy answered it with a constriction that left me light-headed. We finished together, as if on cue. She clasped her hands with mine as she shifted her hips on me a few last times, milking me dry. I panted like a driven racehorse as she lay on my chest. 

“Tell me, Grant...”

I blinked and stroked her back, liking the tingling in my cheeks. “Hm?”

“What exactly is it that you do? For your work, I mean.”

I licked my lips. “I help study the movements of the earth.”

Elizabeth let out a girlish giggle and I pulled her up. “What’s so funny?”

She shook her head and lay down on me again. “I find humor in the fact that you seem to make the earth move on your own.”

We slept together, spooned in my bed that night and the next day until she received confirmation that she had secured a new flight. She didn’t want to tell me much about herself or where she was going but as we parted ways back at the terminal, she kissed my lips and smiled. 

“Perhaps someday our flight paths might cross again.”

Look for Annice’s next short story in November 2012!

~~*~~

~ Annice Sands ~
Follow Annice on Twitter

Copyright © 2012 Annice Sands

All rights reserved. This is a work of fiction. All names, characters, locations, and incidents are products of the author’s imagination, or have been used fictionally. Any resemblance to actual persons living or dead, locales, or events is entirely coincidental. No portion of this work may be transmitted or reproduced in any form, or by any means, without permission in writing from the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment